One-Bite Pizza Puffs

Friday often comes along and I feel like eating… well, you know, pizza! But by the time I have come home and stepped into my tiny yet lovable kitchen, it’s too late to get the dough rising, i.e. it’d be midnight by the time a hot, melted, bubbly cheese and vegetable adorned pizza out of the oven.

Luckily, there IS a solution to this. Inspired by Lick the Bowl Good, a beautiful blog with extremely amazing photographs too, come mini pizza puffs! So easy and quick I’m surprised it hadn’t occured to me to look before…

I made pizza sauce to dip these in. Trust me, you will NOT regret not having gone through the real pizza deal… these little things are so delightful and yummy, they create a whole new category.

This batter gave me 12 mini-muffin sized puffs, and three regular sized muffin puffs.

Ingredients:

3/4 cup flour

3/4 teaspoon baking powder

1 tablespoon Italian seasoning

pinch of salt

pinch of red pepper flakes (more if you like it spicy)

3/4 cup whole milk

1 tablespoon yogurt

1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1/2 cup red bell peppers, chopped finely

1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped finely

Method:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheits.

In a medium sized bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, red pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning. Add cheeses and mix well.

Add milk and yogurt. Mix well.

You can saute the mushrooms a bit in olive oil if you like, or just add them in. Add vegetables and mix well.

Let batter sit for 10 mins.

Pour batter into greased mini-muffin pans. Fill about 7/8 of the cup.

Stick in oven for about 25-35 mins, or until golden brown.

Serve with pizza sauce.

Because I made regular muffin sized puffs, I served it kinda fancily, just for fun!

This entry was posted in Vaishnav, Vegetarian. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to One-Bite Pizza Puffs

1. Lee says:

I get to eat this tomorrow.

2. Lee says:

…because K of Vitchen is making it for me.

3. Anthony says:

This looks amazing but it’s way beyond my ability. Now I am sad. :(

• KV says:

Oy, it isn’t! You’re really just throwing everything in a bowl, mixing, spooning it into muffin pans, and sticking it in the oven! Trust me, it’s simple! And if you don’t have parmesan, just use all mozzarella. Really, this is a VERY doable recipe :)

4. Hannah says:

So….my attempt to make these bites of heaven failed miserably. My batter was too thick and the outside cooked before the inside could. I added milk to make it thinner but the puffs still did not turn out the way yours did. What should I do?

• KV says:

Hi Hannah,

I’m sorry these didn’t work out! Firstly, the batter should have been on the thicker side… watery batter = not good. Also, you might have had the oven a little too hot if the outside cooked too quickly. Next time, try lowering the heat by 50 degrees and let it sit in there for about 20 mins more, although watch it carefully. You didn’t forget the baking soda did you? If you did, it makes it harder for you to bake this!

You can get these right! Maybe I can make them for you when I am over next :)